15 June 2011

WIP Wednesday #4

I missed last week as I was too busy with other things, so I have made a fair inroads on the Ten Stitch, almost finished just one more repeat all round. I'm very pleased with it and I hope my youngest is too.


I have been asked to make four more so I have started putting together some yarn combos - greens and cream, navy, lilac and cream, burgundy, browns and cream. Its funny when you are knitting these, when adding the next colour I get panicky thinking it doesn't go, but once you've done a bit and then lay it out you can see that it all looks fine. I love that my stash of charity yarn is reducing, so these blankets are costing next to nothing. I plan to make knitted slippers to go with them.  Then the recipent will have everything they need for a cosy winter cuddle up on the sofa.


This is my other work in progress, I still have the gloss painting to do, the bit I hate.  I am taking the day off tomorrow to try and get it finished as its windows and doors so I need to have them open all day. I'm pleased with the wall colour, hadn't realised how sick of the yellow I was.

13 comments:

  1. I love those blankets - I would like to do one but I'm too slow and impatient. Yours are beautiful, they'll go well with slippers, what a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is so cute! Good Luck with the painting.
    I love the blanket and the colors you have picked out for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blanket is beautiful- I love the way the colors work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the blanket. The design and colors work well. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your kitchen Sue! You are going to laugh when you see a few of the same items in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely LOVE those 10 stitch blankets and yours is just my colours - it's really beautiful!

    Kitchen is looking great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blanket looks great, I love the colours. Looking forward to seeing how the other colour combos come out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely color gradations in that blankey; andf your kitchen is looking great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color shift in that blanket, it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blanket is amazing and I can't wait to see the others! I must say, I am VERY jealous of your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous blanket! I love the colours, perfect

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x