Work progresses on the square cornered Ten Stitch Blanket for Rufus in orange and the Baktus scarf as mentioned here.
I don't like the yarn that I used for the centre, so decided to hide it with his name. The letters were knitted from a Simply Knitting supplement. I'm having to play with the colours as I am running out of some of the yarns, we may end up with some more brown in here too. I worked out I should have just enough of the dark yarn to go round once more. It will be approximately 32" square once I've finished the current round; each completed round adding 6", this blanket will fall short of the size I normally make, 54" square, unless I can find some other shades to add to it. Still its a work in progress and only for his playhouse so I guess it doesn't really matter. As I said the boy wanted orange, so orange he is getting.
Not much progress here, though I plan to take this to Medway Craft group tomorrow, nice to have something simple when we are chatting.
My latest issue of Simply Knitting has arrived - my plan for the afternoon is feet up with a cup of tea and my magazine, its raining so gardening is out of the question. For more WIPs go to Tamis or Yarn Along
I selected this post to be featured on my blog’s page at Knitting Blogs.