13 March 2015

Knitting - Progressing

Its Friday.....  and I am still feeling under par, though better than I did on Wednesday.  Thank you for the good wishes, its seems that a lot of you out there are suffering too.

I have been doing some knitting, but not as much as I should have done considering the time I've had sitting around. Its typical, we long for more time, then when we get it we don't feel like doing anything. Add to that the sun has been shining and I have wasted all that gardening time too.  My biggest regret is that I had to give up looking after little Miss J today.

This is my progress on the Little Sister's dress.  As mentioned before the yarn is Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo. I have been annoyed by a number of joins in this yarn, why do they do this? Surely balls with joins should be sold as seconds!



With regards to the yarn I bought on Saturday, my friend Pauline suggested I did a "wraps per inch" to judge what the yarn is.  Obvious isn't it, can't believe I didn't think of it, but then again no one else did either! Anyway it looks like I have some DK (11 wraps), aran (8 wraps) and possibly chunky, the black yarn (8 wraps) is one of those thick/thin yarns so more difficult to judge. Thank you Pauline.

I have been doing some reading too.  Currently reading The Legacy of Elizabeth Pringle by Kirsty Wark



I am hoping that when I get up tomorrow I will feel wonderful and can go forth with my weekend plans, otherwise I am going to feel pretty miserable.  Positive thoughts only

1 comment:

  1. Hope today you are feeling better.
    I haven't used Debbie bliss yarn for a while because of the joins and knots in it. It's really frustrating when you get right to the middle of the row and up pops a knot! I always take it back to the start of the row and have to rejoin the yarn there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x