13 March 2016

Just what we needed

We have had an amazing weekend, different, fun, the same.  Some time together, some time apart.

The weekend was planned around me attending the Makelight Photography for Knitters workshop held by Emily Quinton.  It was a case of third time lucky. I cancelled the first time due to my father illness and ultimate death, the second time was cancelled due to Emily being ill, so it was good to finally get there.

We decided that we would stay over in London and wanted a base fairly close to the workshop.  Peter found a review for the Tulse Hill Hotel, so we gave it a go.  I am pleased to say it lived up to every word of the review.  The staff were so friendly and helpful.  The atmosphere lively. The food amazing.  The rooms very comfortable, all in all perfect, no complaints and would definately go back again. We arrived on Friday evening, went down for dinner and were presented with a bottle of wine courtesy of Rachel and Stuart, thank you guys it was very good.  

Saturday morning, Peter deposited me at the workshop and headed out for the Imperial War Museum, he had a good day, as did I.  I learnt more about the camera on my phone than I did my actual camera, but I also learnt a fair bit about making social media work for me, in particular Instagram - you can find me here. I will be posting a bit more there and have already picked up a few more followers today. The other ladies were all either knitwear designers or Etsy shop owners, so the social media aspect was more relevant to them than me.

Emily and Kate aka aplayfulday are passionate about taking good photographs and showed us how to use light, backgrounds and props to improve the overall look of our projects.  I took three shawl/scarves and some yarn along to photograph.

Here are some of the photos I took on the phone -










Followed by those I took on my camera. I actually think my phone ones are better, not sure I like the setting I was using on the camera. I may go back to intelligent auto - sorry Emily! Though I promise to have a play with all the setting and judge the results.







We were also given a luxury goody bag from Fyberspates, I will show you the contents in another post when I have taken some arty photos!


The workshop was really good fun and there was plenty to eat and drink also, so very good value for money.

Saturday evening, we had another really good meal, and so after a hearty breakfast this morning we were glad of a good walk.  The weather was amazing so left the train at Blackfriars and walked the southbank.  I never tire of this walk and the views and I know I have shared them many times. I will make no apology for repeating them.

Tate Modern









Along the river






Refreshments!!



In the queue for the bagels





All in all a brilliant weekend and then we came home to an empty house, our temporary lodgers have gone, no little girl to welcome us home, all very quiet, but we wish them well in their new home......... they still have lots of "stuff" here so I guess we will be seeing a bit more of them!



1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x