10 March 2019

Weekend


How was your weekend?  Ours has been busy.  

Saturday - we went into Cambridge for a spot of shopping and lunch.  We dodged the showers and got blown about a fair amount.  Nothing much was bought other than a top for the eldest's upcoming birthday and some t-shirts for the older boys.  I can honestly say I dislike clothes shopping, maybe its my age, I just can't seem to find anything that floats my boat.  I seem to spend my life in jeans and tops these days.  I dread being asked to anything where I'll need to dress up.  Put me in a yarn or craft shop though and I'll be as happy as a pig in clover.

I've been working on my Outing shawl, just 15 rows to finish, but as I have to increase 4 stitches every other row its just taking longer and longer each row.  Plus the cable is getting a bit crowded.  I can't wait to see the shawl released and blocking so that the pattern shows up properly






A pretty spray of cherry blossom ripped off by the wind and laying in the street


Sunday - Rachel and the children came for lunch so they could see Auntie BecBec before she goes back to France tomorrow. A full on roast, the yorkshires rose so much they were trying to get out of the oven, wish they did that every time I made them.  Must admit I ate far too much, but still found room for the fruit crumble for dessert.  I doubt I'll be eating anymore today though.  The little ones had a fun time covering Beck with cushions when she tried to take an after lunch nap - that will teach her


The house is now quiet, cushions and throws back where they belong.  Its been great having a family Sunday, we will be just us two again from tomorrow and back to our normal routine - I actually didn't think we had that much of a routine but clearly we do

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the clothes shopping, It's just not my thing, granted we have to have clothes to wear, but they could make them more people friendly. In a yarn shop it's like I died and went to heaven. Just love it. Like the shawl. It will be fun to see it done. Must of been nice to have your daughter's together for dinner. take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x