5 May 2019

Knitting - off the needles

Its done, finally.  The problem this time of year is the draw of the garden.  The longer days to be outside.  Books.  Just general procrastination.  But its done.

The pattern was from a Simply Knitting supplement.  I just took the basic shape and not the fairisle pattern it included. I liked the lower neckline.  The yarn I used was Sirdar Harrap Tweed and James C Brett Stonewashed, both from stash as were the buttons.  They complimented each other well, in fact at times the Stonewashed yarn disappeared.  I still need to block it, so that the sleeves loose their bumpy effect.  The sleeves seem quite full.  I had worried that adding the colour through the sleeve would bring it in slightly but if it has, then these would have been very full sleeves!  This is a fairly lightweight cardigan so ideal for cooler days or evenings






I'm now back on my shawl and I need to cast on my May socks. I have the yarn sorted for those, more from stash.  I also have my eye on a short sleeved top in cotton from this months Simply Knitting.  I have enough cotton yarn in stash to make that too. I feel pretty happy that I am making a slight dent on my stash but not enough yet to make me go out and purchase more...….yet.

We are off out now for a walk before the chance of rain comes.  Such a different holiday weekend to Easter.  Still the garden looks better for it.  Catch you later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x