10 May 2019

Knitting - work in progress

Good morning.  For some reason I am awake far to early this morning.  Especially as its cold, wet and grey.  I could have gone back to bed but I know I would have wriggled about thus waking the other half.  I decided to get up and check my phone and take a few pictures to start the day.

I cast on my May socks earlier in the week and sock one is complete.  I even cast on sock two last night so that I have no excuse to delay knitting it.  Again I'm using oddments from stash on these monthly socks, though I'm scrapping the barrel on sock yarn


I'm still working an odd row here or there on my shawl which I haven't photographed yet.

In other news - my arrangement from last week is still going strong.  The roses are still perfect and the alstromeria are now flowering.  I've done nothing to this it just sits on the dining table


Our daughter has done a room reveal on instagram.  I think this may actually be my new favourite room.. Check out the little bench seat in the bathroom.  I spent hours painstakingly removing hundreds of staples to enable me to remove the old fabric.  I can't believe neither of us took a before picture.  But Rebecca tells the story in her post, so go check it out.  We are off to France at the weekend so I'm wondering what our "to do" list will look like this time.  I'll make sure I have my phone to hand to photograph our doings.


Take care and thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x