27 May 2019

May - knitting news

Finding time to knit has been difficult this month.  So much seems to have got in the way.  The garden and France have mainly taken my time up.  More on those in the next couple of posts

I managed to finish off my May socks yesterday.



I cast on a new project yesterday evening.  Using yarn from stash.  I'm not sure how long I've had this yarn.  At least 3 years I would think.  Its 100% cotton and should work fine for this sleeveless top.  To be honest 3mm and 4ply will make for a slow'ish knit. Especially as its mainly stocking stitch until you get to the yoke.  Still as long as its done before the end of summer......



Gus asked me to knit his teddy a sweater, so I knocked this up on Thursday evening.  He was very pleased with it. Funny how both him and Rufus love orange.


My shawl has taken a back seat, figuring that I wouldn't be wearing it anytime soon.

I had to have a play with the sleeves on the cardigan I recently finished.  They were far to wide at the cuff and fall down over my hands.  I'm not sure that I'm happy with it now but as I won't be wearing it until the autumn its back hanging in the wardrobe whilst I have a rethink …...

I had a yarn spend on Friday, the first this year.  Yarn for a secret project, which I will be working on over the next 6 months.  I'll give you an occasional peek but won't tell you what it is.


2 comments:

  1. It will be fun to try and guess what your knitting. Like the socks! Sometimes I like a project on smaller needles. What your knitting, hopefully won't be to bad or take that long. At least there's no sleeves. Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top pattern. Even on the small needles I am sure you will have it done quickly. How do you like knitting with cotton?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x