30 June 2019

Just an average week

Good evening.  Another week over.  A week that went by quickly, was fairly busy and where we went from one sort of weather and back again.  So what did we do?

Monday (hot and humid)- Market day - headed into St Ives for plants to add some extra colour to the borders.  All this lot for £38 which I thought was quite reasonable.


Then off to have my haircut.  I've been growing it for the last year and whilst the family like it longer I'm not so sure.  This time I had some extra layers added, but I'm still not sure.  I do this all the time.  Get fed up with short, start to grow it, then get it all chopped off again....

Plants in as rain due for Tuesday, then on to finish my June socks


Tuesday (cold and wet) - Ikea and Costco in Milton Keynes with Rachel and Gus.  Someone fell asleep in the car on the drive back and then got himself all upset about saying goodbye.  Screamed all the way home, then made himself sick.  Don't you love 3 year olds?



Wednesday (sunny intervals, cool) - we went to visit my Mum and then called into Anglesey Abbey on the way home to check out the gardens.  The rose and herbaceous gardens looked a treat.  The formal garden was all planted up with Dahlias which are yet to bloom - another visit will be in order soon.  In fact we must be due another visit to the Botanical Gardens too


 The rose garden smelled amazing, if only there was a way to capture the smell on camera

Thursday (cool start/hot) - Peter went to give a platelets donation and I met with my younger brother for coffee, then Peter met up with us for lunch.  It was good to have a catch up, it had been a while

Friday (hot) - Gus day, we did the usual things, lego, baking, playing in the garden.  School pickup for Jess and their summer fete.  Lovely afternoon in the sunshine.  Both children had fun playing on the stalls, winning lots of sweets!!

Saturday (hot hot hot) - Bangers & Blues at the Cock in Hemingford - we attended this with Rachel and the children (Stu was playing a charity football match!!)  for a while but it was crowded and hot the children were getting fractious so we went home, filled the paddling pool, poured some beers and put on some blues.  Our own blues afternoon, plenty of space, happy children.  Spotty windows due to extensive hosepipe use. 

Sleep was hard to come by as it was so hot.  We were both awake early but today Sunday turned out to be a much cooler day.  Sunny intervals. 

I decided that a cardigan I finished a few weeks back just didn't do anything for me.  The sleeves were too full, the neckline felt wrong.  This is the problem when you make/knit clothes, you have no way of knowing how it will look on you until the final stitch.  I knew it would just hang in the cupboard unworn so I made the decision to spend the day unpicking it. 



What a task.  But at least I now have the yarn to make something else.  To be honest I'm not a 100% sure about the summer top I currently have on the needles, hence part of the reason I'm procrastinating on it. 

Peter has a new toy.  He bought a new BBQ which has a built in smoker and so he tried it out today.  Smoking some sausages just to see how it fared.  Result was very pleasing, I see more smoked goods in our future.

So there you have it, our week, and tomorrow is 1st July - already - no plans as yet, so a blank canvas to work on.

2 comments:

  1. All the flowers are so pretty. Three year old's do have their moments. The yarn color you used for the sweater is lovely. It looks like a heather blue. It's been hot and humid here also. We've had alot of sharks in the ocean attacking people. Not a good thing! take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope peter enjoys the smoker.
    I just love all those roses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x