4 June 2019

Poppies..... and stuff

This was Saturday

Sunday

Monday

The poppies are going crazy.  Not just this clump, they are all over the place.  Shame is they all seem to be the same colour.  I was hoping for some pink ones.   No photo today as we have finally got some long awaited rain.  Hopefully we will get a good soak and my recently added plants can settle their roots in.

Yesterday we went and collected some Elderflowers to make our yearly supply of champagne - not that mine ever end up fizzy.  We store in the freezer and it makes a great accompaniment to gin or vodka with some tonic, or in fact, just with tonic for a refreshing summer tipple


June socks are cast on.  I'm using 4ply cotton and the Rye socks pattern from Tin Can Knits


I've started the lace panel on my summery top, its very easy, just 8 rows.


Not too much on for the rest of the week, I need to check in with a friend, collect my new reading specs, do a shop and look after Gus.  Gus and his mummy came over today, having just got back from a visit to France.  They had a great time, here a few photos of the cousins together




That's me up-to-date for now.  Lets hope the poppies don't take over the whole garden!!

1 comment:

  1. The Poppies are beautiful. The color is so rich. The socks look good. I've never knitted socks in cotton yarn. I was never sure on how they would wear. I do really like the Lace pattern. We have Poppies growing in our garden, but they are single flowered and orange. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x