5 July 2019

July - the first week

I cast on my July socks - these will be for Jess, she has patiently waited so I couldn't disappoint this month.  Lets hope she is happy with the end results


Discovered these in several places in the garden.  I think they were in a pack of summer bulbs I put in last year. They look similar to a small agapanthus.  They certainly are adding a good pop of blue to the borders



First sock completed, a second cast on


Some odds and ends from the garden.  Its always good to have fresh flowers in the house. I bought more plants to "gap fill" on Monday, there really is no helping me.  I'm sure I could make room for more.  I have my eye on the front garden now which is fairly clear, just grass and a border under the window with lavender and roses.  Its a real hot spot and the roses struggle at times so I'm not sure what to do with it.  Maybe a rethink over the winter months is in order.


St Ives this morning, so peaceful and the new water birds are growing fast


Gus loves to feed the ducks and swans but we do have a issue with the gulls.  We took him to McDonalds for lunch as we stayed in St Ives today, not sure that Pops enjoyed squeezing himself down the play equipment!


After school chocolate ice cream, I think Jess had more around her face than in her mouth


I got presented with four pairs of "too short" jeans to turn into shorts this morning.  Gus is so skinny that they can't find shorts that will stay up.  So altering these was a good alternative


I've met up with friends this week.  Attended my knitting group for the first time in an age.  Didn't have my knitting as we had been into town and was later back than planned, but it was good to catch up anyway.  Another friend called in for the afternoon yesterday.  She is venturing out now after a knee replacement op and it was good to see her up and about.

That's about it for now.  How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. Like the color of the socks. Is that cotton yarn? Never have done socks in cotton yarn. Really have to try it. The little ones sure have grown. Sometimes I wonder where the time goes.Your bouquet is pretty. Like the Lupines. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x