23 July 2019

July - Knitting - a finished project

Good morning.  We are in the midst of a heat wave. Its 9:15 and I'm melting already.

I have finished my Phoebe shawl and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I used Debonnaire Shimmer Lace as the base yarn and then Sublime Kid Silk, Fyberspates Cumulus and some Kid Mohair I had given to me years ago in exchange for some pattern books.  These all worked to a similar thickness and I think compliment one another well.  The last inch or so was the base yarn held three strands.  There is a small amount left.  I'm glad I stopped when I did as there definitely wouldn't have been enough for another two rows.

Its a very simple to remember pattern once set up and makes for an easy knit whilst watching TV. I like the way it sits on the shoulders and is shaped around the neck - I borrowed my husbands shoulders for the back photo.








I now need to finish that summer top, though Jess has asked for a Unicorn Hat and Gus a sweater with traffic light colours, so I have plenty to be going on with.

Right best get on I have some ironing to get done.  Keep Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x