20 October 2019

another week is over

and here we are on Sunday evening again.  It really is crazy how fast the weeks are going.

After saying I didn't have much planned this week we seemed to have manage to fill it.  So what did we do?

Monday/Tuesday -  I managed to complete two hot water bottles and check out what was occurring in the borders - very wet

We did our normal walk Hemingford Meadow/ Houghton/St Ives/Hemingford to get a good stretch







Wednesday, another hot water bottle and I prepared the fruit for the Christmas cake



Thursday - another day another bottle or two



walked into St Ives for a birthday card and a pint (or two) collected these on the way home in the rain (soaked)


Friday - still alive after eating fungi - they were so good, but you always have that sneaking worry..... visited Gus to deliver his new sweater.  He was pretty happy with it, in fact I don't think he's taken it off




Family arrived from France late - but safe - another bottle completed


Saturday - Natural Dye workshop - very interested to see what can be achieved from kitchen waste.

The first photo was brown onion skins - I rewound the skein tight after washing and soaking in mordant, which gave me a variegated effect


 This pink was achieved with avocado stones



The bag was tied dyed in red onion skins - I was surprised to get green


Here are the dried and wound yarns not sure why the photo is side on!  Only just over 20 grams of each yarn so not much to play with - stripes in socks I'm guessing


I baked my Christmas cake when I got back.  Peter and the boys were at the park.  

Tim and Rebecca had gone away for a few nights peace and quiet in Cambridge before picking up with family and friends again tomorrow, think they have earned a bit of downtime after a packed summer season.  By the way a new series of Escape to the Chateau DIY will be starting on Monday 28 October 4pm on Channel 4 - Rebecca and Tim are on every day during the first week.  I'll be glued to the TV set

Today - Sunday - I made a very quick knit hat for Rebecca and spent two chilly hours at the park whilst the boys played on the zip wire and climbing frames



All in all a productive week.  Thinking the coming week will be fairly busy too...….

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x