7 October 2019

October knitting and outings

With the slightly shorter days, longer evenings and wet days my knitting is coming to the fore. Filling the time I would normally be outside.  With that said I did get out the other afternoon for a bit of a tidy round in the garden and we got some climbers put in of Saturday.  They got a good watering in yesterday and its looking like they won't need any input from me today either based on the current forecast.

Yesterday I can honestly say I knitted all day.  Well apart from checking in on Instagram from time to time.  It was a miserable grey wet day.

So here is what's been and is currently on my needles

Firstly, I finished the Shelley Bay cardigan for Jess




In between times I have been knitting more hot water bottle covers - this is the first 6 of 32 which I'm making for the Chateau shop.  I'm working my way through stashed yarn that's not seen the light of day for years; its a good feeling, especially as this project allows me to use up those odd balls that are usually just not enough for another project.



I cast on a sweater for Gus on Saturday.  He wanted a traffic light stripped one.  Happy to oblige, this photo was how I left it on Saturday evening


and after yesterdays knitting marathon I achieved both the following photos, back completed and another bottle done




This is where I'm at on the knitting front.  Today I will cast on the front of the sweater and possibly another bottle OR October socks.

In other news - I gave the house a good going over (long overdue), cleared the washing and ironing baskets (for now), went to knitting group, visited in laws, popped to Cambridge to order new glasses for Peter.

Wednesday the weather proved to be bright and sunny so we headed east and visited Sutton Hoo - we were actually a little underwhelmed by the experience.  Not sure what we were expecting really.  The new exhibition hall was interesting - all replicas of course as the originals are in the British museum













but the Burial ground was just a heap of mounds and pebble excavations with notice boards, not that interesting if I'm honest.

We ended the day with a visit to Felixstowe as it was more or less on the way home.  Famed as a container port I wasn't expecting too much.  It actually was a pleasant surprise,  We parked along the front and went for a walk towards the port, returning to the car for a drive towards Old Felixstowe, smart restaurants and tidy beaches, it has definitely gone up market in recent years.  We will return, especially as its a straight run down the A14 from home - 1.5 hours - road works permitting.





Thursday I managed to get back to Flower Club


we also had the first fire of the year!


Saturday we met Rachel for coffee and a whizz around the Farmers Market.  The little ones were visiting Nana and Grandad with Stu and it was good to have an uninterrupted catch up with Rachel.  I think we will try and do this more often.  As much as you love your grandchildren its good to have a proper adult conversation with your children.

So there you have it, all caught up.  No great plans for week 2 of October apart from taking the car for a service and collecting glasses, and by the looks of the above photo clean my brass!!

2 comments:

  1. Your knitting looks so good. Do you use a lighter weight yarn for the children's sweaters? Such even knitting. Hot water bottles look like fun to! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stitch detail on Jess’s cardigan! and the stripes are great, I’m sure your grandson will love it, like the rolled edge as well😊 I’m glad they’ve tarted up Felixstowe, these old ports deserve to be rejuvenated otherwise they rely on one trade only and if that declines, it spells disaster... as has happened down here, but they have suddenly realised that they need to find other ways of getting people jobs to keep them here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x