4 November 2019

Busy needles

Another week has flashed past,  my needles have been on fire.

First I got those October socks completed and with two days to spare.  As they were large child sized it was a little less knitting than adult ones


Then the first of two hats for Gus



Two more hot water bottles



I'm now working on a hooded scarf for Jess



And in between times I made our Christmas puddings



What else this week? We've been out for a few walks, knitting group and into Cambridge for a bit of shopping.  The weather has been pretty rubbish at times, rain, high winds but also a couple of very frosty mornings.  Autumn colour is really coming to the fore now



I was asked what my monthly project would be for 2020.  As you may know if you are a regular reader, this year it was a pair of socks a month to become more proficient in sock knitting.  For years I have been promising myself I'd learn to crochet properly. I have the books, the hooks. I can do a single crochet edging and managed some small flowers for Rachel's bouquet, but what I really want is to be able to make a Granny Square blanket.  My plan for 2020 is to make a certain number of squares in a month.  Not decided how many yet, I'll see how I get on and what size blanket I decide to make.


I certainly have plenty of yarn oddments for this project so it would be a brilliant way to use them up and make a very portable project to stick in my bag.  So watch this space in 2020.

Right I'd best get on and finish that scarf. Bye for now


1 comment:

  1. Like the socks with the color combination. The hats are great and the scarf with the hood is so colorful! Really like that varigated yarn. Such happy colors. Can't believe Christmas is coming up quick. You take care!! the Christmas pudding look good. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x