5 January 2020

2020 - a new year a new decade

Happy new year to you all.  I hope that the first week of the new year is going well for you?

For us it has bought another cold (only just rid of my before Christmas one) but this has with it a hacking cough.  The only good thing is that we both have it at the same time so can sympathize with one another.  Neither of us can be bothered to cook so we are making do with cake and cheese and whatever is leftover around the house!!  Poor us.

I finished off the crochet granny blanket for Jess she was very happy with it


I cast on the Linus shawl, added 10 colours, then ripped it out.  Problem for me is that many of the Advent yarn colours whilst lovely in themselves just aren't really colours I would normally choose...


Started a new book ..... and finished it earlier this afternoon.   I honestly think this was such a sad, depressing book.  It follows Olive on her journey into old age and all the trials and tribulations that come with getting old.  Frankly I didn't need reminding of whats in store.  Thought provoking



Started and finished a cowl using 8 of the minis.  I held them doubled and took the linen stitch, new to me, from the Manic Panic cowl, choosing to make my cowl close fitting rather than loopy.  If I'm being truthful its that I couldn't face casting on 333 stitches for the smallest size




The rest of the minis are packed away.  I expect I'll use them for socks at some point

Today I sorted out some yarn to start on my monthly granny squares, but have zero motivation to start anything if I'm honest.

We did get out walking a few days earlier in the week before we really started to feel rubbish, getting in a 6.8, 4.9 and 4 miles respectively








That's me caught up for now...... oh before I forget I have to ask, did anyone catch the BBC1 Dracula drama?  If so what did you think? Nearly scared the pants off me, there was a lot of hiding behind my knitting!!  If you didn't, try and get it on catch up

Take care Sue


1 comment:

  1. I need you walking stamina.
    Hope you get to feeling better 💛

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x