11 July 2020

In the garden








Finally we have had a dry day. I worked out how I could weed the front garden with my poorly knee. Not perfect, and Peter had to follow along behind me to get the bits I couldn’t reach. My step stool proved to be the perfect height. I spent a good 2 hours out there and I’m sure I will pay for it. Still lots to do in the new front beds and drive but it’s not going anywhere so will keep for another day. 

I came in, we had lunch, then Peter got the tape measure out, upstairs he went. Our neighbour goes to work around 6:30 every day and regularly wakes us up as we sleep in the front. No longer, last night we tried the back bedroom and it was perfect, though a tiny bit smaller than the front. So there we are, me with my strapped up knee, he with gout in his foot moving bedroom furniture between us!! Mad I tell you. But we did it. I still need to swap some drawers around, a job for another day. I love our new room and I get to look out on the garden when I wake up instead of the road. The back garden, I still need to tidy and deadhead but it looks pretty enough. Another job for another day 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x