10 July 2020

On the go






Morning to you all. I’m currently having fun with a yarn cake that I picked up last year in France. There is this brilliant shop in Le Mans called Sostrene Green - they do a bit of everything for the home and crafts. I have bought yarn from them on a couple of occasions and it’s been great. Normally 100% cotton. 

I decided this would make a great shawl - there is 250 grams - 1000m, so it’s going to be a big one. 

I’m not using a pattern, just making it up as I go along. I cast on six stitches and increase on the right side three stitches in from the end to make a border. After 24 rows of garter I knitted  6 rows of a simple mesh and just kept going. Once I got well into the ball I weighed it and decided that at the halfway mark I would do a 18 row mesh then start to decrease on the right side to turn my shawl into a regular triangle. 

I’m now well into the blues and the dark blue is just putting in an appearance. This shawl is making me very happy. I do have another cake in a different colourway which I think is destined to become another shawl. Free styling is the way to go!




1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x