18 October 2020

October - day 18

I’m pleased to say I am feeling much better today thank goodness. 

We took ourselves out for a good walk, 6.3 miles according to my phone. Actually the furthest I’ve walked since hurting my knee. Knee was ok but I had pain in my hip towards the end so popped a couple of painkillers when we got back. 

The trees are still holding onto their leaves and their colour, though you can see subtle changes  from a distance. Holt Island was open today so we had a wander around. We hadn’t been before it’s tucked away behind the church and the rivers. A pleasant walk and a different view  of the Hemingford Meadow 


















We continued our walk through to Houghton village and then over the river to the meadow that takes us into the village of Hemingford Abbots. Sheep were on the move, some brave enough to cross the path as we walked through.  It’s been another dull day, no sign of the sun which makes for dreary photos 









Cloud reflections

Non shall pass 


Love this tree hoping the leaves hang on a bit longer

I’m now spending the afternoon knitting on the new shawl



1 comment:

  1. Glad your feeling better! The Shawl is coming along nicely. Hope your hip is better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x