12 April 2021

People everywhere!

This morning we walked into St Ives for the market. It really was quite a shock to see so many people. In fact quite unnerving. I kept my mask on whilst in the street as people seem to be coming at you from every direction.

Waitrose no longer seem to be limiting shopper numbers. The queues for the barbers shops was hilarious, I seriously haven’t seen so many men looking for a haircut. It was good to go back to the greeting card shop rather than have to rely on the supermarket choices. I did pop into Townrow (small department store) as I had had my eye on a top in their window for a couple of weeks, my size and half price. In fact they had it in other colours inside so I bought two! Other than that we collected a couple of coffees and sat in the wall by the river in the sunshine before heading for home across the meadows.

Hemingford Meadow - 4.2 miles walked today




Blossom is well out in Meadow Lane



Bees are back in their tree again this year

Jess in her Quaintly top. The colour really makes her eyes shine

Lovely beef and horseradish sandwich for lunch, the beer was Peter’s btw

This afternoon whilst Peter was out on his bike I made another batch of carrot and oatmeal cookies and had a sweep round in the garden, sunny but cold.  Let’s hope we don’t get another evening snow surprise like yesterday 

2 comments:

  1. Jess, looks adorable in her top. Perfect fit ! She does have very blue eyes. We are having another round of the virus here! UGH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, may I have your recipe for carrot and oatmeal cookies? I love both so much, but I've never had them together. Sounds delightful!

    Nancy
    nhoxworth@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x