13 October 2021

We’ll take the compliment

This morning we have been into town for our annual flu jab. Asked twice for our age as they said we looked too young to be 65+. We are happy with that, it made our day. Hopefully there will be on adverse reactions to the vaccine, though my arm feels a bit tender and I’ve a bit of a headache. Popped a couple of paracetamol so hopefully that will do the trick.

Yesterday we went out to collect some free soil improver from the Amey waste site at  Alconbury to be told they no longer do it there and we needed to go to Waterbeach, 20 odd miles in the opposite direction. To say we weren’t happy was an understatement, I wish companies would make sure their websites are up to date, it would save many a wasted journey, we can’t have been the first.

Instead of making a further journey we decided to go to the allotment and mark out the beds.  Kids have been over there again and our plot had acquired some watering cans, which we removed to the watering station and hope the owners recognise them!  I’m sure when we go back all the stakes and string will have been moved but we took the chance. Photos don’t really show the beds well, but I drew up a revised plan when we got home

I ordered bare-root raspberry canes today, these will be ready to go in in November 




Gus loved his hat and hasn’t taken it off yet

That’s it for today. Think I’ll do some baking this afternoon I feel in the need of cake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x