30 November 2021

Extreme gardening

Following the recent tree demolition there was so much to clear. We have spent the last two days collecting branches, twigs and so much mistletoe.  The French don’t use mistletoe at Christmas as we do in the UK so it has no real commercial value.  I wish I could get it all home I could make a fortune!










I walked over 5 miles yesterday just back and forth between the felled trees and the farmyard where we had the fire.

Fire day 1

All the loose stuff has now been cleared and either stacked or burnt. The large pieces of tree are awaiting their turn to be cut into logs. Then they will be carted to one of the wood stores to dry ready for use next year.  A piece of fire wood certainly keeps you warm more than
once!


Fire still going day 2

Today I spent the morning ironing but still managed 3.5 miles this afternoon clearing more wood and leaves.  Everywhere is looking tidier, and there aren’t too many more leaves to come down. 

Tomorrow I think we are back to indoor work, all those paper free walls need washing down ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x