26 May 2009

All weekends should be this long

There just aren't enough days in a weekend to do all the fun stuff you want. This weekend has been particularly good.

The weekend started on Friday with my trip to Stamford, very good market and yes I resisted the yarn stalls, but came home with lots of goodies to eat. Had a lovely lunch at the eldest's which wasn't so nice second time round when I was car sick, I blame her driving!

Saturday, started off with a good walk, popped to visit the in-laws, then spent the afternoon in the garden working.

Sunday dawned warm and sunny so we dusted off the Harley and leathers and headed down to Southwold, had a lovely day walking and people watching, don't you love being bitchy. I'm sure people do it to me too! Had too much sun, so have a lovely red nose and V mark on my chest.

Bank Holiday Monday was the highlight of the weekend, we headed off to London with friends Colin & Myra to meet up with friends Judy and Stephen, picnic in Kensington Gardens, walk round the Serpentine, then to the Royal Albert Hall for this years Eric Clapton concert. As usual he was on good form and a good time was had by all, long may he continue to tour. So as you'd expect I'm tired today, especially as it was 12:40 before we got home this morning and we were up for work at 6:20!

Needless to say no knitting got done this weekend, but the weather was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x