1 September 2009

Times are a changing

Today - we start a new month and a new season - autumn is upon us, in fact you could smell it in the air this morning. It had that new school year feel, you know the one, new shoes, new pencils and possibly new friends.

Today - we said bon voyage to Helene - she's off to pastures new, we have worked together for the last 5 years and we will miss her. Luckily she has been given the opportunity to go off travelling for a while and has decided to take the chance while she can. Good luck and enjoy yourself, we hope to hear all her news when she gets back.

Today - I booked tickets for me and the youngest to go to the Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexander Palace in October. Best start to make a space for more yarn and goodies.

Today - the husband and I are going to the cinema to see The Time Travellers Wife - I will take tissues, I wept buckets when I read the book, so apologies to anyone sitting near me!

Today - I realised that my eldest is now someone else responsibility. I know she hasn't lived at home full time for the last 11 years but whilst she was still a Miss we sort of felt responsible for her. Now she has a husband I guess that task falls to him, take care of her she is precious.

And finally...... I am currently knitting the following in coffee and cream, another Sublime pattern called Striped Lily, the usual finished picture will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x