3 April 2011

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week - Day 7

 Your knitting and crochet time. - Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.


 My sofa

 My side table with WIP, needle roll and boxes with all my bits and pieces

Current copies of knitting magazines, pen, scissors and coasters

See I need the space to spread out - me and my ten stitch blanket

I always have a cup of tea to hand, but rarely eat whilst knitting maybe the odd sweet if there is one around. I often have to share my sofa with our cat.  Things can get a bit fraught as the cat likes the middle of the sofa too. 

My knitting time depends on the time of the year, during the winter months then its most afternoons when I get home from work and have prepared dinner and done any jobs I've allocated myself (or not).  The TV is usually on in the evening but I can't really tell you whats on.  Over the summer months my knitting has to take a back seat to the garden but I can usually manage a few rows once it gets dark.  I am looking forward to having our garden room completed then I will be able to sit and view the garden whilst knitting away

Other places I knit are, the Medway Craft Group - we meet every other Thursday.  Also Stitched-Up a young offenders group which we run on a Monday afternoon, I teach the girls to knit.  They don't do too badly, providing they remember to bring their knitting with them!

I've really enjoyed Knitting & Crochet Blog Week, its been good fun.  I now need to get round to reading all the posts that everyone else has posted.  I would like to thank everyone who has visited and commented on my blog this week.  Thanks and I hope you will continue to visit from time to time




1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x