29 June 2011

WIP Wednesday #6 Two at a time

Yes people I have TWO on the go, shock, horror, she of the only one project at a time, finally gave in and cast on something else. It was actually too hot for knitting my Ten Stitch so decided to cast on a door stop - quick, simple and small.

So here it is -
 the parts

close up

I used Zettl Sensatione from Lidl or Aldi - its a huge 400g ball that hubby picked up for me last year, self patterning.  The pattern called for 100g of yarn but mine only took 40g so hardly made a dent.  I have sewn it up - the instructions were a tad confusing for placing the base but I got there!  Just need to find something to fill it with, then I can show you what it looks like.

I have made some progress on the Ten Stitch, I'm using 6 colours for this one and using 5 colours for each round, dropping/adding one colour each time.  I think I'm happy with it.  I have received so many compliments on my blue/grey one that I hope I can achieve the same pleasing effect.


For more WIP Wednesday posts head over to Tami's

8 comments:

  1. The ten stitch is looking fantastic :) Can't wait to see the assembled door stop too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really liking the ten stitch. Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you've chosen for this 10-stitch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame you for putting the bigger project down in this heat! I like the colors you chose for the 10 stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours again for the 10 stitch! Can't wait to see the door stop finished - looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everyone. Door stop now completed and posted

    ReplyDelete
  7. Door stop? You mean something that goes under the door to stop the draft in the cold winter?

    Is the 10 stitch the square? It looks very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of the 10 stitch! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x