7 November 2011

Plague of red hats.....

Hope you all had a good weekend, they really go too fast don't they.  We had an enjoyable lunch out on Saturday at the Blue Lion in Hardwick .  I can recommend their autumn menu, in particular the Lemon Meringue Baked Alaska, even my mother in law managed to eat a whole one.  Yummy.  To counteract the over indulgence we spent some time in the garden clearing up afterwards and Peter had a large bonfire as he wanted to get rid of the tree stump from earlier this year.  He got a really good blaze going and we sat for a while warming ourselves with a large drink.   I cleared the last of the outdoor tomatoes, just a few in the greenhouse still.

Sunday we went into town for a coffee and a wander round the farmers market. I spent the afternoon knitting these, whilst Peter cleared leaves and had another bonfire.  The hats match the ones I knitted for Rufus and Beck, its hoped that it will encourage the little man to wear his hat.  So if you hear of a plague of red beanies on the Suffolk coast next week it will be just my family.  I refuse to wear a hat so am making myself a headband, whether I wear it remains to be seen.
 

I forgot to mention last week that I've had a photograph published in the December issue of Simply Knitting, they wanted pictures of children wearing something knitted from a Simply Knitting pattern, this I made for Rufus last year, so he was around 6 months old



Still no baby news - so I got Sunday morning wrong.........

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Magazine Photo! The red hats look great. I have been trying to work up some hats as well, but none look as good as these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet you and Rufus made the magazine! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x