31 January 2012

enough already

I have a sore throat. Its just not fair.  I just get rid of one bug then I come down with something else.  I don't actually feel ill, just off colour, bit light headed and as I say a sore, tight throat.  Oh well nothing for it other than to snuggle up with my knitting.  Not that I need an excuse, as its grey, cold and miserable outside.

On the subject of knitting I have three projects still on the go.  After finishing off my ten stitch, I felt the urge to have another "pick up, put down" project, so I am trying the Ten Stitch Twist by Frankie Brown.  I plan to turn this into a bath mat.  Knitted in cotton, its actually easier to get started than the blanket and I'm really enjoying knitting it.



My In the Mood cardigan was getting a bit boring, so I decided to start one of the fronts.  I'm really pleased with the 16 row pattern, not too complicated, but not one for knitting when others are around or when you have one eye on the TV



6" still to go on the back

And the socks, well they have taken a back seat. Now I know that I can knit on 4 needles I don't have the same desire to rush to get it finished.  Think maybe life is too short for sock knitting. 


So many things to knit, so little time - I need to retire.  Right kettle on for a nice cup of tea

4 comments:

  1. I love the color of your sweater, it is looking beautiful. And I will have to check out the pattern for the round mat, it looks interesting. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've queued a bunch of Frankie's 10-stitch projects, but haven't done any yet! This looks like fun1

    And your sweater is so lovely! Nice projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to watch knitted cables take shape like that. It always strikes me a little like seeing magic happen in stages.
    JNCL
    The Beauty of Eclecticism

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen the ten-stitch twist for real and it is beautiful. Something else I need to try .... when I get the time.

    Well done, Sue!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x