8 May 2012

Weekend in words and pictures

Our bank holiday weekend can be summed up in a few words - family, friends, food, hangovers (not me), lack of sleep, cold/runny nose (Rufus).  The weather was ok'ish - grey, cold, damp, the heavy rain managed to hold off until Monday late morning

 Can you see the burst bubble in the middle photo - just by Rufus' hand?


Fun with a ball of tarn - he had been running around with the yarn I was knitting, I figured that this was less likely to break

As I was forced to spend the afternoon knitting I managed to finish my Morocco - I won't tell you how frustrated I got trying to do the twist on the neck.  Peter finally took it from me a did it!  He doesn't know how but it got sorted.  I did the sleeves a bit longer as I'm not keen on cap sleeves - makes your shoulders look bigger than they are, and that I don't need. 

As the sun has finally put in an appearance I took some pictures outside and also thought I'd show you some of the prettiness in the garden


  New growth in the conifer bed

6 comments:

  1. Those conifer pictures are stunning! I love the adorable photos of the little guy running around with a ball of yarn, very reminiscent of a kitty with the yarn ending up wrapped all around everything. Your Morocco is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad he did it because the twist in the neck is just lovely!
    Rufus looks like he had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rufus is such a happy chappie. He certainly always has a lot of fun when he visits grandma. The Morocco is lovely. I know this may sound silly but the colour suits the style. Hope to see you wearing it soon. As always, your garden is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the twist on that sweater. And I am in total agreement with you about capped sleeves. :-)

    Your pictures are beautiful. I love the collages. Do you mind sharing what program or app you use to create the collages? I used to use Picnik but they shut down. I have yet to find a replacement I am happy with. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures as usual - I love the ones of Rufus with the yarn, so cute! You're very lucky to have someone that can help you fix your knitting, my other half wouldn't know where to start! It looks lovely though, that twist is really different :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful sweater, especially with your sleeve mods! I hate cap sleeves, too, and for just the same reason. As much as I like my strong, wide shoulders, I don't like what cap sleeves do to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x