17 July 2013

Warm WIP Wednesday

As the UK basks in a mini heatwave, knitting is getting extremely sticky.  To this end I find myself casting on lots of different things.

I started off with a top for my youngest daughter.  She bought the yarn and pattern nearly two years ago but just hasn't got round to it, so asked if I would help her out.  It's a King Cole pattern which comes in two versions a short top with V neck or  a longer version with a round neck, the link shows both versions.  She wants the long top with a V neck, no problem there.  The yarn is King Cole Riot in the black/grey colourway.  I've managed to make a start on the rib but find that my hands are sweating!


Next, I am making a self-designed baby car seat/pushchair blanket, you know the one with the hole in the middle for the harness clip - this is being knitted in Caron Simply Soft which I bought on my recent trip to the USA.  Whilst 100% acrylic it feels like cotton, so is easier to knit with.  The recipient wanted a spotty cover with matching hat so happy to oblige.  It looks a bit scrunched at the moment but will lay flat once blocked.



Then last night I started another hat.  I saw this picture and decided it would be easily replicated.....



I'm knitting mine in Patons 100% Cotton in a wine colourway and I have an oddment of a pastel mix cotton for the flower.  It's so much nicer knitting with cotton when its hot


and of course, I still have Laurie's Ten Stitch and that ruffled dress languishing in the corner.

I hope wherever you are, you are enjoying the summer sun and managing to stay cool

8 comments:

  1. I can't make my stitches slide along the needles when my fingers are sweating, so cotton definitely sounds like the answer.

    The spotty blanket is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute is that hat! and the blanket looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I just count 6 (six!) WIPs? The Heat must be doing strange things indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got so much on the go, I love that spotty blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the spots. It is looking adorable!
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you will post the hat pattern when finished!
    You in a heat wave; we in Texas have enjoyed 4 days of rain in July. -- unheard of!
    I thoroughly enjoy your blog! Please mention your location or gemeral area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you will post the hat pattern when finished!
    You in a heat wave; we in Texas have enjoyed 4 days of rain in July. -- unheard of!
    I thoroughly enjoy your blog! Please mention your location or gemeral area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects. The spotty blanket is very sweet in those gorgeous colours.
    Cute hat, love the colour you are making yours in.

    We've been having our own heatwave down under where it is currently supposed to be winter! Fortunately it looks like next week will be a wintry one.
    Stay cooll

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x