11 September 2013

WIP Wednesday

With being on holiday for the last couple of weeks there has not been much progress on the knitting front. I did take my knitting with me but it was just too hot to knit for long.  I managed about 20 rows on the long grey top, I didn't even bother to photograph it, so this is what it looked like before we left.


I did make a little bit of progress on the baby cardigan, just the sleeves to do.


I have an ever growing list of requests for knits, which is good and will keep me occupied for a while.

I did manage to get a couple of books read.  The Cecelia Ahern was mind numbing and oh so predictable, but as I only paid 50p in the charity shop for it I didn't mind so much.


This book I did enjoy, and I see it is being made into a film, which would be worth a look.  Check here for a synopsis of the book

The Light Between Oceans by M L Stedman

Whilst we were away our garden carried on producing and we came home to some very large courgettes!





windfalls

7 comments:

  1. I'm reading Light Between Oceans, too!!!! (I thought i was the only one on yarnalong who hadn't already read it....glad I have some company!!!!) Did all those gorgeous flowers come out of your garden????? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting is lovely!
    Admire your garden. Nothing like fresh fruits and vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, impressive harvest you've got there! Your baby cardigan is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the variations of color in your long grey top. And that garden bounty! Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely knitting, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you are getting all sorts of knitting requests, you have many many gorgeous finished projects, anyone would be happy to have one! The purple color is so bright, it makes me happy to look at. Also, I cannot believe your good luck with that harvest! So much yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back. A pity you couldn't knit much while you were away but no doubt spending time with your family and sharing their activities more than made up for it. Enjoy every minute with Rufus and Laurie - they will grow up all too quickly.

    I envy your harvest. Apart from plenty of cherries, a few raspberries and blackberries, and still picking strawberries we - again - got nothing. Must take a peek over your shoulder to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x