27 January 2014

Knitting - what else to do on a wet Sunday

Monday again, I'm not sure where the weekend went.  It was a busy and enjoyable one.  As previously mentioned I went out on Friday for shopping, dinner and the theatre.  We ended up at Jamies for dinner, always good.  The play was great too, very funny and well acted.  The only downside to the day was that we got soaked getting back to the car.

Saturday - Peter and I went to town to drop the in-laws at the theatre (their Christmas present too). We parked up and went and bought some new towels and pillows (exciting), whilst having a coffee a storm started we tried to hang on a bit but then decided we just had to get back to the car as we couldn't leave two oldies stranded outside the theatre in the rain/hail.  To say we got wet was an understatement, the water went through my skirt, tights, and boots, miserable.  Wet drive home, but then we all enjoyed a Burns Night supper.  I cast on a new project.....

Sunday - more rain, I continued to work on the new project and also whipped up a beanie for a colleague. We did manage a 40 minute walk in between storms, other than that it was a knitting day.  Peter did all the cooking

Pattern - Roll Up, Roll Up/Anderson (depending where you find the pattern) by Lisa Richardson
Yarn - Stylecraft Baby Double Knit


Pattern - Nipple Hat by Sheep Shop
Yarn - oddments from stash

Does this look like a butternut squash?  Someone on Facebook thought so!!

and then today because I didn't want to do the sewing up at Craft Group I cast on another project.

Pattern - Super Natural Stripes
Yarn - Hayfield Bonus Aran - with 20% wool


There you have it, check back later in the week to see the finished projects and to see what I cast on next

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about all the wet. Oh my, must have been miserable to be so soaked. Always a silver lining thought....the projects all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had extremely cold temps here and I think we are close to a break from it. Sorry about all the rain!! Love the knits, stay dry this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x