5 June 2014

Knitting - Smockie

Another addition to Miss J's autumn wardrobe is complete.  I love this pattern and have done it many times.

Pattern - Smockie by Sublime

Yarn - Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo - 80% bamboo 20% wool - Black Sheep yarn dive at the Knitting & Stitching show last year

Buttons - charity shop

Flowers - from the Knitting & Stitching show a few years ago







I can see this teamed with a long sleeved T-shirt and wooly tights not that I'm wishing the summer away before its really got started.

We are off to the Gansey Exhibition on Saturday in Sheringham, there is also a yarn market and the promise of a seafood lunch, sounds like the perfect day to me.

7 comments:

  1. Those little flower motifs finish it off a treat. Your grand daughter is a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! The little flowers make it so special. I sure wish I could see those ganseys. How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That smockie is so cute! I would love to knit one for Lucy. I checked on Ravelry and it appears the pattern is out of a pamphlet and not available for online purchase. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this reply is 3 years later but if you're still looking for the pattern, you can get back to the original page through the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine here -- https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20101111105918/http://www.babyexpert.com:80/Fashion-&-Beauty/Kids-clothes-to-knit/v1.

      Delete
  4. This is just too precious!
    I love your color combo. I have never been a "girly-girl" and haven't ever really been into pinks and purples (good thing I've only got boys for now!). I worry that I will have a hard time finding nice colors for girls that aren't just from the pink and people color palette when I knit for friends' daughters (or any little girls I might have in the future!).

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, my daughter doesn't like pink for her little one so its been fun finding colour combos that look good without being to "pink"

      Delete
  5. What a lovely little dress. It is really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x