13 August 2014

Knitting - take a bag of blue

Whilst looking through my yarn stash the other day I pulled out a bag of blue yarn, all DK and also acrylic. As I was needing a inbetween project I decided I would turn it into baby hats, all hopefully a bit different.

This is my progress thus far







These are 6-12 months in size, 15" around the head. I'm using a very basic pattern and then just adding the detail, different ribbing etc.

My book arrived today.  I've had a quick flick through and it looks very interesting, some great adverts, one in particular caught my eye for a bracelet wool holder, what a great idea, but one that I don't think caught on as I can't seem to find one. I also had a comment by the author Lucinda Gosling on last weeks blog post so that was a result. My new Simply Knitting magazine also arrived, so plenty of reading to be done





8 comments:

  1. Those hats are so incredibly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use up stash. Your hats are adorable. And they will come in handy real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hats are darling! It is so satisfying to use up those odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to be one of the best stash busters around.
    I trust all these wonderful reading materials will be gracing a table here and there for some time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice hats, I love the stripy one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's great to be able to use up some yarn and create something nice with it that doesn't take hours to make. I'm sure the hats will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are adorable! You are so talented

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x