24 December 2014

Knitting

As Christmas day looms large, I am pleased to have 2 orders completed, not that they were needed for Christmas thank goodness!

Here is a quick share before I commence on the cooking and baking.

The pattern is Aloha from Sublime #623 knitted in King Cole Big Value DK, size 20". I down sized the pattern by one size and it worked well.  I also added 6 rows of garter stitch for the borders as when I made this before it rolled badly.  I also knitted the front bands as I went along




The headband is just a simple double rib, knitted in aran yarn, the mum wanted one to match her daughter's, happy to oblige.


Next is Boater Bob from Sublime #634 knitted in Sirdar Snuggly size 22".  The mum wanted a striped jumper.  It looks very long but I think the rib draws it in and looks bigger than it is, well lets hope so, if not he will grow into it!





I have a pair of mitts and a cardigan to do, then back to work on a cardigan or 2 for Jess.  But right now the kitchen is calling.

Have fun x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x