I am really happy with how this turned out, even if there was a bit of swearing on the sleeves. I HATE dpn's so used my smallest circular which was fine at the top of the sleeve but required a bit of jiggling as I got towards the end. I have ordered a few 12" Hiya Hiya needles in various needle sizes so hopefully this will solve any future problems, good use of my Christmas money.
I still need to buy buttons, hopefully this weekend. The only amendments to the pattern was to add 2" extra to the length of the body and an extra 1" to the sleeves
Best get moving and go shut the chickens up for the night. Casting on a Dane Shawl this evening