10 February 2016

Knitting - WIP Wednesday

I'm having fun working on this week's project.  It's a large cot blanket - large because I am using aran rather than the DK yarn on the number of stitches suggested). It's approx 52" wide so I will need to make it around 56" in length to balance it out.  

The pattern is Bernat Baby Blanket and I am using Drops Loves You 5  which is a recycled cotton.  I am loving the colour combo that I chose and fortunately so does my daughter.  I am getting 2 colour repeats from each 50 gram ball, with just an oddment left or in some cases a few each inches!  The yarn was a real bargain at 80p per ball (still available at this price on the Wool Warehouse), so I went crazy and bought 43 balls.  I plan to make a matching cushion cover for the nursery chair and have enough left over for some sun hats, face/wash cloths and ........... it will get used for something!





I also completed another hat from charity box yarn.  This one is a T-bag hat, age 2, very quick and simple.


When I'm not knitting I try to get some reading done, usually at bedtime and at weekends, when I try to get a lay-in.  I am working my way through Sweet Caress by William Boyd, an enjoyable read, one of my pile of Christmas present books.  Must get more reading done before the garden takes over.  I did manage a quick tidy up down the drive this afternoon, pleasant in the sun.  The back garden is calling, maybe a job to start tomorrow

4 comments:

  1. I just love the blanket Sue with all those cheery colours, and the feather and fan pattern making it less boring than plain stripes (and more interesting to knit). Love the hat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely colour combo, the blanket's going to look terrific when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that design, the colours look great together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colors, too. I wouldn't necessarily think of all those colors together, but it works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x