27 July 2016

Knitting - Wednesday's WIP

Along came Wednesday again!

Today's WIP is the Ellen Cardigan for me - I am really pleased with the colour combo that I selected from my stash.  Most of the yarn is from Aldi, those huge 400 gram balls that they have from time to time.  Hoping to get this well underway before I start on some baby requests for later in the year.  If I have time I may also start another ten-stitch blanket.  Several ladies from my knitting group have cast on and I do love these as they are just so easy to pick up and do.



Since I last posted I have made a cardigan for Gus - its the Seaside cardigan from Sublime knitted in Drops Muskat cotton which I got on sale at the Wool Warehouse



I know I haven't posted much again this month but I will be posting a round up of the month in photo form soon.

Take care and be kind to one another.  There is just too much sadness in the world right now

2 comments:

  1. Those are lovely colours in your cardigan. I know what you mean about having to fit knitting for yourself in with baby/toddler knitting. I just finished a round of things for grandchildren, but still have Ella's birthday sweater to knit. And by the time I finish that I'll need to get a start on Christmas knitting for them!

    The Seaside cardigan is wonderful, and I'm sure it will be worn lots. And I agree about all the sadness in the world right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My posts have become non existent but I do drop by the blogs I follow to see what everyone's doing. It's lovely to see all of your knitting projects Sue. My 10 stitch blanket is now on the back burner for a while, too hot to have it draped over my knees. However I am still knitting other bits and buying more yarn.
    Totally agree with you about the sadness in the world. It makes me very sad but grateful for what I have.
    I must put my best foot forward and post soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x