23 June 2019

June - Knitting news

Good morning.  There hasn't been a whole lot on the knitting front.  Nothing finished.  A week to go before the end of the month for my June socks.  I started off so well but I've tailed off.  I'm on the heel so not too much left to do if only I could pick up some knitting.



My summer top has one side completed and I cast on the stitches for the other side and that's where I stopped.  I like it and should get on with it. 



I'm in no hurry on the shawl.  Too warm for shawls right now.  I spotted a mistake but to be honest I'm happy to leave it rather than try and unpick the mohair.  It will be up on the shoulder so not that noticeable

So why aren't I knitting?  Well I'm stuck into this book, which I'm really enjoying, not much left to go, it will be finished later today.  I do have a stack on my bedside table though......  Yesterday evening I was "home alone" and enjoyed a light dinner and some quiet reading time with a glass or two of rose.  I also had a quick flick through my Gardeners World magazine and saw the perfect pergola idea for the garden.  Now to convince Mr S that its what we need



Plans for today? We are going with Rachel and the little ones to Picnic in the Park in St Ives - live music, picnic, sunshine and space to run around (children).  I may even take my sock ............ Enjoy your Sunday

2 comments:

  1. Lie the way your doing the socks. The summer sweater looke nice . I like the lace on it. What patent is it? It's so pretty. I've been busy with doing a cardigan with cables down the front. It's an old patent I've had for years. It's knitting from the top down, which I like. Also have a pair of socks going on the needles. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x