1 September 2021

August done and on to September

 











August left as it started with grey skies. It really was a dreary month. I feel bad for the school children and those who took their holidays in the UK this year.  Back to school tomorrow but still no sun in sight.

We walked today, out towards Hilton (7.7 miles). We’ve not walked that way since early May.  The fields are now cut and baled and the tractor and plough were cutting the furrows, giving the earth a rest before planting time again.  There is something so peaceful watching the tractor trundle it’s way across the field with the gulls in its wake keeping an eye out for a tasty morsel.

Crab apples hang in the trees like jewelled Christmas decorations.  The ditches bright with yellow fleabane, bulrushes standing to attention.  I’m always tempted to pick some, but then memory kicks in on the early days of our marriage, and a vase of bulrushes which duly burst and shed their seeds over the lounge whilst we were out of the house.  It was a mess.

The collage of August knits, I actually achieved a fair bit considering I was struggling for motivation early in the month.  I’m loving the Zick Zack cushion cover.  That along with the honeycomb one add a homely touch.  I will possibly make some more though adding some other colours would be good.

I have now cast on a sweater for Gus - navy and orange was requested.  I’ve gone for a subtle burnt orange from my stash rather than the more punchy orange.  I’m sure he will be happy what ever.

I’m still not ready for autumn yet, and we are longing for the promised Indian summer heatwave 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x