27 July 2009

Done it again

Yes, we've been camping again this weekend on the Harley and managed a whole weekend without getting wet. Travelled up to Fakenham keeping just behind the rain, arrived and booked in, the heavens opened, we managed to get to the bar and have a pint while it rained. Thus fortified we put the tent up, must say it goes up better with a drink inside you. All unpacked when I realised Peter had left the gas burner at home - how was I to have my morning cuppa (I'm not a morning person) - panic ensued and cross words.

Dinner was a Thai in town as they were only offering fish and chips or burgers onsite. Pleasant meal and a beer then back to the race course for the evenings entertainment - good R & B band and a catch up with a few people we'd not seen for a while.

Saturday dawned bright and dry. We met with our good friend Stephen in Swaffham and had a ride around the North Norfolk coast. Coffee in Sheringham, plus I had a visit to the yarn shop, came out with 400g of Stylecraft Aran wool & acrylic and 400g Stylecraft in a pale blue acrylic mixed yarn, eyes were rolled but we found a home for it on the bike. Lunch, we had fish and chips in Wells followed up by tea and cakes in the Mermaids Purse and a good old natter in the sunshine. Peter picked up a little gas burner so that I could have my cup of tea so all was right with the world. Evening entertainment was another good R & B band, had too much cider, didn't win anything on the raffle but otherwise a good night.

Sunday we packed up - no hangover thankfully. Breakfast at McD's on the way to Norwich to see my parents. Home mid afternoon, unpacked, grass cut, washing done, then it rained. Oh and I decided I didn't like the top I was knitting for myself, so pulled it part way down and turned it into a hat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x