10 October 2009

I've a cold!!

A good day yesterday was spolit by coming down with a cold. I had woken with a dry throat and by the 11am I was sneezing and had a ruuny nose, delightful! However, propped up with paracetamol I managed to last the day out and came home with some lovely Jamieson's soft shetland yarn for Peter's jumper and some King Cole Homespun chunky for a slouchy beret for a work colleague of Rachel's. I also purchased some trimmings and generally got some good ideas. A good day was had by both of us, Rachel purchased a couple of large bags of yarn, including some lovely self striped yarn and some pretty needles with glitter points.

As I was up early, I got on with the beret which took no time really as you can clearly see, the pattern I had was knitted on circular needles but as I didn't have the size required I adapted the pattern for straights and am very pleased with the results. I think I'll tweek it here and there then post it.



Today - due to my cold I couldn't go and visit my Dad, so we went for a walk to St Ives instead and I must admit by the time we got home I was feeling pretty rotten. I'd really like to go to sleep, but I know if I do I'll not sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x