I inwardly groaned when I got to the bottom of a post by Ivy of Pumpkin Spins and saw that she had tagged me. Not one to normally go in for memes of this kind, I battled to try and think of something about me that would be vaguely interesting and that I hadn't mentioned before.
5 facts about me.
1. Travel Sickness - this is a huge factor in who I am and what I do. It was first discovered that I suffer from motion sickness when my brother came along and I was put on a pram seat, yes it made me sick. I walked miles from the age of 2 maybe why #3 factors in my life. I was the kid that either didn't go on school trips or sat up front with the driver and a bucket. I can't travel backwards on a train. Coaches and mini-buses are a no no. Taxis - I sit in front with the driver. Cars - cannot sit in the back, so we always end up driving others as Peter gets mildly car sick too. Boats are best avoided unless I can get outside and hang over the rail. Air-planes are a necessary evil, I use them or we would never go anywhere. I am most often sick on the out bound flight, but never (as yet) on an in bound flight. My worst experience was on a flight to San Francisco, I was sick for 8 hours, my husband and children disowned me, leaving me to the tender mercies of a kind American lady and the air hostess, in the end I was taken to the back of the plane to lay down. I was ill for 2 days after. So as much as I would love to travel to the far flung reaches of the world, most are out of the question due to modes of transport.
2. I own 37 cookery books but rarely use any of them, apart from some very well thumbed copies of Madhur Jaffrey's Indian cookery. I love to cook Indian food from scratch
3. I love to walk. My biggest achievement was walking Hadrian Wall - 89 miles, but prior to that I had taken part in a number of Oxfam Walks, my first at the age of 14 was 25 miles - I thought I would die
4.I have all my body parts apart from my tonsils and adenoids
5. I have lived in the same house twice - 142 Oxford Road, Cambridge - I was born there (renting) and then my parents moved back (buying) when I was 12.
So there you have it 5 facts about me, you can be the judge if you thought they were interesting or not.
Now to inflict the same punishment on 5 others (-:
1. Pauline - PaulineKnit
2. Libby - Truly Myrtle
3. Joan - Knit One, Raise 4
4. Audrey - Rural Pearls of Wisdom
5. Michelle - Tres Bien Ensemble