2 July 2022

Time for a catch up

It’s hard to believe it’s nearly a month since I last wrote a post. Time certainly whizzed by. 

In the last month we spent 12 days in France where we celebrated our eldest grandson’s 12th birthday. Survived the heatwave. Got to try out the gite - Maurice’s House. It’s was wonderful. I posted about it lots on Instagram so check out my bio @grannysworld_sue - Maurice’s House

As usual we did lots of gardening, walking and cooking. The B&B was very busy so it was good to have the gite to escape too. It’s fully booked for the rest of the season but they are taking bookings for next year Chateau de La Ruche for both the house and gite 

On return to the UK we had a few quiet days then Rachel and I enjoyed a spa day for her 40th birthday followed by her and the children spending the weekend with us. 

We worked on getting the allotment back in shape and harvesting peas, beetroot, cabbage, lettuce and courgettes. We are really enjoying the fruits of our labours.

Knitting also - not much work on the cardigan whilst we were away, far too hot!  And since we’ve been back I have been working on the ten stitch blanket. I also won a prize for my knitted bouquet






















My prize

















Walking - training is stepping up a gear as we get closer to our challenge. More on that soon!

Here’s a mix of photos from the last month, enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x