31 July 2013

Mixing it up

I had planned to make this into a couple of posts, but decided I just didn't have the time, so here you have it, a bit of everything.

As most of you will be coming here for the WIPs I had better do those first.  Work progresses and each project is getting some attention.

Laurie's ten stitch


Car seat blanket

Rachel's long top

First side of a tea cosy for the YOT pot!!
Next, my sister in law gave me these vintage magazines on Sunday, we did have a laugh, they date back to 1971/72, goodness some of the fashions.  Though we did agree, with a change of yarn some of them could work.  Here is a sample


can you imagine a knitted trouser suit!?

We liked the blue top

Thought this would work with leggings

no comment

Like this but don't have the figure for it!  In fact don't think I ever did

Rufus would like the colour
Finally, I cannot believe a year has gone by since I posted photos of some these flowers, and here they are in bloom again. The year is flying past, autumn clothes are in the shops.














6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blast from the past. some of those tunics and vests have come around again, but not the sideburns on the male cover model:)

    Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually Bradley Wiggins bought those sideburns back last year to the UK males, awful, but they have caught on!!

      Delete
  2. I had a flick through an 80's mag at the oppy yesterday and had me a giggle. These are gorgeous too.
    Love the blanket with its colouful polka-dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the magazines, I have a few that are similar that an aunt gave me years ago. I hate throwing out patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, go ahead...knit the suit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your flower photos - the Helenium is such a great color :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x