16 June 2014

Weekend - round up

Its a week since I blogged, I've been busy with family and stuff, not too much knitting done either.

Friday I went with our eldest to the Gardeners World Live Show at the NEC Birmingham.  I took a few photos, then realised that I had left my spare battery at home so not too many pictures to share.

Allium

Iris and Lupins

Foxgloves

Geum
Verbascum Album 

We listened to a talk by Monty Don, presenter of Gardeners World and owner of Long Meadow.  A very interesting talk and he was very open about his life and work.

As the boys were staying with their Nana and my son in law was away, I stayed over night and we went out for dinner to the Mad Turk in Stamford.  Lovely meal in a quaint surroundings, we ate in the garden which was great and it was lovely to share a meal and talk in peace.  All in all a lovely day out.

Saturday we collected the boys and came back home, leaving Pops with the grandchildren and then went into town to get birthday presents for Ru who will be 4 this week.  Time is going so fast and its hard to believe he will be starting school in September.

Miss J - Hi I'm 16 weeks old already and finally fit into my dresses
Going for a hat vibe this weekend....

not sure Mummy is happy with the motorcycle gear!
doesn't everyone wear a hat with their breakfast?

I am working on a Ten Stitch which has been claimed for Jess, really must get some photos posted of that.  I cast on a sweater for Laurie this afternoon too so plenty of items to work on.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, those flowers. The allium are especially stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys, gardens, motorcycle gear...time alone with a daughter...Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x