27 April 2010

So the weekend

Weekends for me start at 2:30 on a Thursday afternoon (1:30 every other week as I have craft group)

Last Thursday I went out for dinner and the theatre with my youngest, this trip was one of my birthday presents from February. We decided to go for dinner at Pizza Express as my husband isn’t a pizza fan so it’s a real treat for me. We followed this with dessert and coffee at CafĂ© Nero – triple chocolate cheesecake, oh the calories but I forced myself to eat it!

The play was the Secrets of Sherlock Holmes – not quite what we expected and very short started at 7:45 and we were home by 9:30 and there was an interval! Still dinner and chat certainly made up for the plays shortcomings

Friday was spent house working and gardening in preparation for Sunday’s surprise baby shower (wanted everywhere to look nice).

Saturday morning I spent baking, the Jones arrived mid morning and were whisked off shopping. The evening was spent in town for the annual birthday cocktails and dinner, though this year Mrs Jones was drinking non-alcoholic, you’ll need to read Mrs Jones blog for details of what happened in Brown’s! For dinner we went to Agora (Turkish) very good meal, then got ripped off by the taxi driver on the way home, he wanted £42 to take 6 of us with 2 drop off’s, managed to get him down to £40, but it was a very silent ride home.

Sunday dawned grey and damp, what happened to the promised warmest day of the year? I had planned to have the baby shower in the garden. 10:30 the youngest arrived to whisk away the mother-to-be so I could get on with the shower lunch and all was in place when the guests arrived at 12 – the MTB was suitably surprised and a good time was had by all (I hope). Typically the sun came out just as everyone was leaving.

Don’t forget it’s a bank holiday this weekend so we get an extra long one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x