28 April 2019

Weekend

We've had a very lazy weekend.  The weather has been rubbish, Saturday was very windy and rainy and today just cold and grey.  So cold that we even lit the log burner.  Come back sun, please.

We've made good use of our time though - we finally finished sorting all our photographs and they are now condensed into one space.  I have a box full of empty frames, which may find their way to the charity shop unless I decide otherwise.  I've popped them out of sight for now. I been reading and knitting and even managed to get a couple of loads of washing done today and dried on the line.


I am nearly done with the increases on the sleeves, I'm really not sure if two at a time works, it seems to take longer somehow.  I finished - A place called Winter this afternoon. I very much enjoyed it especially as its actually based around a real family.

I have to admit I'm just a bit excited to the starting The Strawberry Thief,  hubby has read it and couldn't put it down.  The eldest has listened to it and the youngest is eagerly awaiting it when I'm done.


Because I was bored with my sleeves I naughtily cast on another shawl this week.  Still working from stash.  I have three balls of kid silk mohair in three shades that compliment the main yarn, so whilst I'm not working the stripe pattern I am getting an effect that isn't plain.



This week I'll also be casting on the May socks.  I'm really scrapping the barrel for sock yarn, so June will definitely be a cotton mix 4 ply yarn.

That's our weekend.. How was yours?

1 comment:

  1. The weather here is cold also for this time of the year. Today was the first sunny day in a while. Gets depressing when we have all this rainy wet weather. Your sweater looks like it's coming along nicely. The shawl looks good also. Is it mostly garter stitch? Take care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x