27 June 2021

Call free day

Sunday - the first day without a call from Test and Trace. We both got one yesterday, though mine was cut off after the introduction. Perhaps they have more hapless souls to bother and will leave us alone for a bit.

Not much to report, it’s a case of spreading the tasks over the days. Bathrooms cleaned, carpets vacuumed, more weeding, meal preparations. We are trying to be good so no baking has been done. 

I’m caught up on all my Vlogs. I have audio and physical books on the go. 

Knitting - I received notification of a summer KAL with free pattern so I decided to join in. The pattern is Reach for the Stars - https://ravel.me/reach-for-the-stars by Jem Arrowsmith, available free on Ravelry for the duration of the KAL.. I found some yarn in my stash which is the correct meterage and ply so I have cast on today. 


Funny how different the yarn colour looks under different light conditions. The true colour is the top picture.

I’m still working on the cat mats but unfortunately one of the young cats has gone missing, we are hoping she will come back soon and that nothing untoward has come of her, she’s not been seen since Wednesday...

The garden is smelling so lovely right now, the honeysuckle in particular, the Jasmine is just getting going and as yet not really competing.

We have lots of pinks and purple right now but the hot shades are just starting to make an appearance. I’m excited for the trumpet vine I put in this year to flower. Once out of quarantine I’ll off to the plant centre to fill some gaps.

A storm is due later and we are currently being bothered by flies, I need to go and get some spray before to both go crazy!!



1 comment:

  1. so sorry to read of the missing cat. Peaked my interest as I fear the same for the two I hope to keep around.
    Will look forward to seeing what you bring home from the garden center when you are able to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x