29 June 2021

Day 8

We find ourselves finally at day 8 of quarantine. We got a call each this morning to remind us to take our test. Like we would forget? We are champing at the bit to get free of this agony. 

Of course we actually got to leave the house as we had to post our tests off .......

I’m now working my way through the lace sections of the Reach for the Stars shawl. It’s actually very easy to understand and the pattern well written.  I have several other patterns written by Jem Arrowsmith so will possibly make a couple more shawls, because let’s face it you can never have too many shawls, right?



I’ve started picking the poppy heads for drying and seed collection.  I’m never sure whether they regrow, it only seems like they lay dormant until you majorly disturb the ground, as we did last year when we dug the bed extension. I actually find them annoying as they never grow where you want them and once they have finished flowering I will be pulling them up pdq. In the meantime though I’ll collect the heads as they are great in flower arrangements.


Trying to decide what to have for dinner this evening, possibly a salad of some description, we have plenty of salad veg and cold meats/cheese or maybe I’ll make a quiche, decisions decisions 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x